Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

New to the forum from west yorkshire

rwhitton
rwhitton
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

New to the forum from west yorkshire Empty New to the forum from west yorkshire

Post by rwhitton on Wed 29 Jan 2014, 9:58 pm

Just thought I'd sign up rather than lurking in the shadows. Got a cb500s just before Xmas to turn into a race bike for this season. Only ridden it about 200yards, now I've pulled it to bits all over the garage floor! Turns out its not been looked after as well as the previous owner would have had me believe Sad Oh well, you live and learn.
badseeds
badseeds

Awesome!

New to the forum from west yorkshire Empty Re: New to the forum from west yorkshire

Post by badseeds on Thu 30 Jan 2014, 1:37 am

Welcome.

CB500s are tough little beasts. I'm sure that's why you chose it. Be sure to give us all first dibs on your unwanted parts!
sullivj
the 900
the 900

New to the forum from west yorkshire Empty Re: New to the forum from west yorkshire

Post by sullivj on Thu 30 Jan 2014, 6:52 am

Welcome to the forum.

Much btter to join in than to lurk in the shadows!
TimReal
TimReal
Running out of unique names

Post by TimReal on Thu 30 Jan 2014, 8:39 am

Hi mate! I'm in Halifax, where are you?
teamster1975
teamster1975
Admin
Admin

Post by teamster1975 on Thu 30 Jan 2014, 9:59 am

Welcome mate! Have you got much to get sorted on it?
rwhitton
rwhitton
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post by rwhitton on Thu 30 Jan 2014, 6:36 pm

I'm in Ripponden mate so pretty close. Only thing that's actually gone 'on' the bike is renthal flat bars, renthal soft compound grips. Got master cyl in bits awaiting rebuild kit arriving. Got braided hose and race pads to fit then. Waiting for another thermostat housing also as it was corroded. Leaving suspension as is for now till I get a feel for the bike on track. Long term plan is adjustable hagons and fork springs. Rearsets coming any day then modifying silencer link pipe for more ground clearance. Bt003rs tyres to fit. ACU regs lock wiring, toe guard etc to do. Wets on wheels to acquire still. Race bodywork still to get and decide on a colour scheme. It didn't fill me with confidence when I removed the air filter and it had Nov 2004 painted on it so a good service also needed. Think I'm going to be busy.
badseeds
badseeds

Awesome!

Post by badseeds on Thu 30 Jan 2014, 6:47 pm

Blimey! Post some progress pics. We love build threads.
TimReal
TimReal

Post by TimReal on Thu 30 Jan 2014, 9:33 pm

Ripponden eh? I ride through regularly. Good luck with the project.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 17 Jun 2019, 2:50 pm