You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

Exhausts and Pipes

spitonyourgrave22
Admin
Admin

Exhausts and Pipes

Post by spitonyourgrave22 on Sat 30 Oct 2010, 5:50 am

There are a bunch of other manufactueres to choose from too. Stainless steel varieties last longer, but are more expensive. Expect to pay major money if you want substantial power gains.

OEM Exhaust
(David Silver Spares)
The standard exhaust rots pretty easily, and not many of the bikes on the road today have these fitted. They also cost a lot of money, and you will find you have to replace them more often then stainless examples.
They are heavy and ugly, and whisper quiet. But you can still buy them, and if you do switch exhausts it's a good idea to keep the original for when you sell your bike in the future.

Motad
(Motad)
Motad do cheap sets that seem to be a standard replacement on many older bikes. They are made of mild stell, so don't expect them to last forever, but they are a good investment. They do not however, increase power, or shed weight.

Remus
(M&P)
Remus make a round alloy exhaust, available in both road-legal and straight-through race versions, for around £150 plus £50 for the intermediate pipe-work. Stands are retained. Sounds fruity. Available from M+P

Micron
(eBay Search)
Micron make a tiny race exhaust as used in the CB500 cup. Very small, very light, very loud. Sounds like satan. These have now gone out of production but there are still a few around in dealers. You lose the centre stand

Laser
(M&P)
Laser make a road-legal 'carbon-style' end can with intermediate pipe-work included. £199, stands retained, available from M&P

Viper
(eBay Search)
These are alloy cans that can be found for £150 on eBay. I have one fitted, and its sounds louder than stock, is lighter than stock, and feels more torquey. No issues yet, after 6months of ownership. You retain the center stand.

1yr later: This exhaust blew itself apart whilst I was driving. Closer inspection shows the rivets that hold the can together had rotted. Not reccomended by me, but others report no problems with this can.

Fuel
(Fuel)
Awesome good value for money and more fun then you can shake a stick at, without being too noisy. They give a great fruity rumble, and sound the dogs. £150 buys you a can and link pipe, retaining your center stand. Build quality is good, as these are stainless.
spitonyourgrave22
Admin
Admin

Re: Exhausts and Pipes

Post by spitonyourgrave22 on Thu 18 Dec 2014, 10:36 pm

Got a few down-votes on this thread. Any reason for that? Does this information need updating?
teamster1975
Admin
Admin

Post by teamster1975 on Fri 19 Dec 2014, 5:55 pm

I'd say they were mistakes Dan, it's all still relevant information and it is easy to click on the minus when you're getting click happy/tired/inebriated!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 19 Jul 2018, 10:40 am