Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

auto chain lub systems

kerrycrofter

auto chain lub systems

Post by kerrycrofter on Thu 14 Nov 2013, 10:41 am

hi  which is best chain lube  , rag and paintbrush with sae 80, scott oiler, other auto system. I question auto systems can not see how they keep chain dirt free where does the dirt go?
glen.wilson1@gmx.com
the 900
the 900

Awesome!

Re: auto chain lub systems

Post by glen.wilson1@gmx.com on Thu 14 Nov 2013, 11:23 am

ive been using old engine oil and a paint brush and im sold on it. never used to but i got fed up of sticky lube getting everywhere and also i always find round the inside wall of the chain still goes rusty with lube. ive had no flicking off with using the brush/oil method just dont go over the top with it. i got the bike with a scott oiler but it wasnt maintained and i couldnt fix it so i had to sling it so i have little experience with these.
stormbringer

Post by stormbringer on Thu 14 Nov 2013, 12:23 pm

You may possibly benefit from reading this thread.

Loobman: Works. No-shit-install. Cheap.

I'm a convert Smile

sullivj
the 900
the 900

Post by sullivj on Thu 14 Nov 2013, 1:34 pm

I've ordered a Loobman, but haven't fitted it yet.  For those that have one, has anyone managed to fit the tank inside the seat cavity?
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Thu 14 Nov 2013, 2:05 pm

Essentially most chain oilers help clean the chain by applying slightly too much oil, which helps the dirt to fall off as you are moving along.

If you have the time to regularly clean the chain and apply gear oil (or whatever oil you use) you can't go too wrong.

The advantage of the auto-lube system is that you can't forget to do it or 'put it off 'til tomorrow', plus it is always 'ready to go' if you keep it topped up.
UKTyler
Three's a Charm
Three's a Charm

Post by UKTyler on Thu 14 Nov 2013, 7:31 pm

I'm about to fit a Loobman rather than using spray cans of lube.

Whilst I'm sure cleaning the chain and applying oil by brush is is a better bet, I don't have the time, or a garage to be doing that. My bike is outside in all weathers and it is the wrong time of year to be outside on your knees cleaning a chain.
jsnape
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Post by jsnape on Fri 15 Nov 2013, 1:05 pm

@stormbringer wrote:You may possibly benefit from reading this thread.

I'm a convert Smile
Where did you stick the unit that holds the oil? I stuck my on the pillion footrest but it does'nt seem to be working to maximum efficiency! Also I'm intrigued to know how much oil you pump out per run?
stormbringer

Post by stormbringer on Sat 16 Nov 2013, 8:05 am

@jsnape wrote:
@stormbringer wrote:You may possibly benefit from reading this thread.

I'm a convert Smile
Where did you stick the unit that holds the oil? I stuck my on the pillion footrest but it does'nt seem to be working to maximum efficiency! Also I'm intrigued to know how much oil you pump out per run?
Location: See post no 23 - lots of pictures showing just how, where and why.

Amount: Depending on weather etc, I just fiddle with the button until there's an inch or two of oil in the tube, and then I go, leaving the device to do the job on its own. On occasion, I wipe off the chain with a rag. Same goes for the wheel rim.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 21 Nov 2017, 9:11 pm