Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Hello from windy/wet Bournemouth

Hobie1283

Hello from windy/wet Bournemouth

Post by Hobie1283 on Wed 06 Nov 2013, 8:38 pm

Hello everyone
Having run around in company cars etc for years, due to a change in job and work place I find the need to start using a motorbike to travel to work 12 miles, Bournemouth to New Milton, being stuck in the rush hour is crap in any car,
So a while ago I found a 1975 Honda C70, great in town 140 mpg, but I soon realised why I got straight of a moped when I was 17
It had to go, I found a lovely 1999 cb500 in yellow, only 32000 miles, but nicely looked after, new tyres, pads & fork stanchions, chuffed to bits,
Flogging the c70 almost paid for it, absolute madness

Need to get some extra lights on to been seen & give her a full service so I know everything is good for another 32000 miles

I have managed to get to 200 miles on a tank and not had to switch to reserve yet (I hope I am not already on reserve or I have a push coming up) is on down or up ??

Will get soon pictures up soon

Regards Trevor:D
badseeds

Awesome!

Re: Hello from windy/wet Bournemouth

Post by badseeds on Wed 06 Nov 2013, 8:58 pm

On is down. 200 miles is very good before reserve. I've managed to get that down 117 before.....

Welcome to the parish, there's lots of knowledgeable folk here.
stormbringer

Post by stormbringer on Wed 06 Nov 2013, 9:03 pm

Welcome mate Smile

1975 C70? Whoa...

Got a 1973 ST50 here - converted to ST70 and destined for MOT once i get past the non-engine-related jobs like brakes etc. Just because I can - no logic in that otherwise...

The CB is a completely different animal. Beware - or behold Twisted Evil
teamster1975
Admin
Admin

Post by teamster1975 on Wed 06 Nov 2013, 10:17 pm

Welcome Trevor! My mother in law lives in barton on sea, I know the area well! Very Happy
Petrol tap is down for normal running, across for off and up for reserve.
Happy riding (when the sun decides to come out!)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 22 Nov 2017, 11:04 am