Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, ride safe! The CB500Club team

Front Forks

KarDvy1405

Front Forks

Post by KarDvy1405 on Wed 23 Oct 2013, 9:53 am

I've seen on forums for other bikes that dropping the yokes 5-10mm down the front forks sharpens up the steering. Has anyone tried this, and what was the difference?
burning_rubber
Four's a...something...
Four's a...something...

Re: Front Forks

Post by burning_rubber on Thu 02 Jan 2014, 5:57 pm

ripped off my belly pan lol Sad ,  but it did turn sharper in to turns, swings and roundabouts lol 

i would say bigger rear shocks would be a better option then dropping the front
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Fri 03 Jan 2014, 12:54 pm

Of course, if you don't have a belly pan, you can go ahead and have a go... I suspect that 5mm would be fine, possibly 10. You would probably need to experiment to determine what setting you liked.
Beresford
the 900
the 900

Post by Beresford on Fri 03 Jan 2014, 5:29 pm

@burning_rubber wrote:i would say bigger rear shocks would be a better option then dropping the front

This can introduce issues of chain clearance on the swing arm.

muttley1
the 900
the 900

Post by muttley1 on Fri 03 Jan 2014, 7:00 pm

Hi, yep, bike will turn in a bit quicker, benefit depends on the sort of roads you use and sort of rider you are. Dropping the forks a few mil sounds a bit like you are an on-it rider to your mates but can make the bike uncomfortable, flightly and uncertain on full lean. The spring rate won't change, just more rider weight on the front end of the bike.

For an easier fix try raising the shocks a notch or 3. This will make the rear shocks less compressed, but as the spring rate will be unchanged the bike will still handle consistently.

N.B. racers use 140 rear tyres and 110 fronts so slightly nose down bias. Thicker fork oil makes the bike work well at the limit of its capabilities. Have a look on their site.

m1

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 16 Dec 2018, 5:19 pm