Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Givi racks

jsnape
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Givi racks

Post by jsnape on Tue 17 Sep 2013, 2:55 pm

Hi all,

I'm slightly confused by what it is I exactly need to fit a GIVI rack & topbox.

I have found this from wemoto which seems like pretty good value - http://www.wemoto.com/parts/picture/WK-GI-250F-MM/

Now I am assuming if I buy that I will be able to fit any givi monolock topbox without having to buy any additional fittings? Is this correct?

Maybe I'm just a bit dim but buying everything separately seems a recipe for disaster!

sullivj
the 900
the 900

Re: Givi racks

Post by sullivj on Tue 17 Sep 2013, 3:18 pm

Yes, you're right.  Just make sure that is definately a monolock box and NOT a monokey one, for which you would need a different mounting plate.
jsnape
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Post by jsnape on Tue 17 Sep 2013, 3:28 pm

Seems the monokey one is the same price which surprises me as I expected it to be more (link: http://www.wemoto.com/parts/picture/WK-GI-250F-M3/)

I'll probably go for the monokey as I understand they do better at speed and are a bit sturdy (and pricier!).

sullivj
the 900
the 900

Post by sullivj on Tue 17 Sep 2013, 3:33 pm

I have a monokey one on my CBF and a monolock one on my CB.  They're both stable, but I think the bigger boxes mainly use Monokey.

I guess it depends on which box you want to fit.
jsnape
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Post by jsnape on Mon 23 Sep 2013, 3:29 pm

Managed to pick up a monokey box off ebay for £60, it's well used (as the price implies) but in full working order. I think if you've got a topbox on you can't be too worried about looks so the drop in price justified the purchase!

Just need to order the rack when payday comes along!
UKTyler
Three's a Charm
Three's a Charm

Post by UKTyler on Tue 24 Sep 2013, 9:39 am

I've got a Givi rack and top box, I picked them up cheap from my mechanics. The Givi rack is rock solid and well built. My top box is a Kappa and will easily take my helmet while I'm wondering around the shops and my shopping on the way home.

Both my rack and box were well used and sun faded, but a quick spray with back to black got them looking as good as new.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 21 Nov 2017, 6:56 pm