Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Tyre choice

greybeard

Tyre choice

Post by greybeard on Sun 15 Sep 2013, 5:43 pm

My rear tyres down to the wear limits, have continentals Conti Go's. Front tis half worn so looking to replace the pair. Have only done roughly 3,500 miles and most days I rarely hit 70 mph, changing gear at 6,000 revs.
Wasn't impressed with wet grip, so what have you got and what's good and not so good? Not looking for track day grip, I ride to work and rallies at the weekend
Thanks Ali.
teamster1975
Admin
Admin

Re: Tyre choice

Post by teamster1975 on Sun 15 Sep 2013, 5:58 pm

Bridgestone BT45's are popular, good grip in the wet but they do wear in the middle. I've been using them all the time I've had the CB.
There was a thread on here recently discussing different tyres, it would be worth a read Smile
greybeard

Post by greybeard on Wed 18 Sep 2013, 12:37 pm

been looking at avon roadriders, mainly because of cost but also they seem to have more tread on the center for riding in the wet.  Any comments please

muttley1
the 900
the 900

Post by muttley1 on Wed 18 Sep 2013, 2:48 pm

Read the threads, pretty comprehensive tyre info recently posted.

m1
badseeds

Awesome!

Post by badseeds on Wed 18 Sep 2013, 8:40 pm

I need tyres soon and I won't be fitting Avon Roadriders again. The grip and wear rate have been good and I ride it quite hard. The cracking around the sidewalls (they all do it, sir) is a big issue for me and despite several calls and emails to Avon, I have no reason as to why they do it and Avon don't seem to give a toss.

Michelin Pilot Activs next.
teabag
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post by teabag on Tue 24 Sep 2013, 9:46 pm

I had the Pilot Road 3's on the Suzuki and they were the best tyres i have ever used ,shame they do not make the sizes for the CB,having said that it came with a brandnew set of BT45'S on and i have found them great even in the wet

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 22 Jun 2017, 9:30 pm