Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

New Old Timer

Wonkster
Wonkster
Hyper Viper
Hyper Viper

New Old Timer Empty New Old Timer

Post by Wonkster on Fri 06 Sep 2013, 10:50 pm

Hi Folks, finally got around to saying hullo. I have been riding bikes for more years than I care to remember and would have continued to ride my Peugeot Speedfight ( Sixtieth  birthday present ) except it expired after 13 years.  So I thought I'd get a big bike to replace it ( don't laugh 500cc was a big bike in my day ) So after scouring fleabay I went to test ride a M reg, 35500 mile black cb, all went well till I tried to U turn...returned the bike with slightly askew mirrors and handlebars !   Figured I had to buy it then, so here we are 1500 miles later and slightly more in control now although I did keel over once more on a sloping petrol station forecourt...only my pride being hurt then...and I am now used to seeing my cb from strange angles!
Did a Bikesafe day with the local police...brilliant day, learned so much...never thought I'd do the slalom cones but yes went OK, that may be more down to the bikes good handling than me.

My one query is that the rear tyre likes to twitch over white lines or ridges in the road in the direction of travel. plenty of tread as its not very old, Avon tyre.  No problem with the front thankfully.
Could be I am noticing more as I get used to riding it.

Well that,s enough of my drivel...Cheers  Wonkster.
badseeds
badseeds

Awesome!

New Old Timer Empty Re: New Old Timer

Post by badseeds on Fri 06 Sep 2013, 11:19 pm

Hello, and welcome!

Avon Roadrider? Mine does that too. Plenty of grip, but they do twitch a bit. Check the sidewalls for cracking; they all do that, sir.

Bikesafe is brilliant. I did it in Norfolk and the officers were just as bike-mad as me. I was very impressed.
Wonkster
Wonkster
Hyper Viper
Hyper Viper

New Old Timer Empty New Old Timer.

Post by Wonkster on Sat 07 Sep 2013, 8:11 am

Thanks for the welcome and thanks for the confirmation re twitching.  I'll have a closer look at the sidewalls.  Cheers.
teabag
teabag
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post by teabag on Sat 07 Sep 2013, 8:37 am

welcome mate,i'm a relative newbie here myself,and similair to you retired a GSX 750 after 10 years and 96,000 miles,i had Avons on the GSX at one point but as you and badseeds pointed out they did not inspire confidence and "white lined" ,the CB i recently bought came with new BT 45'S on which i have found just brilliant wet or dry,
anyway goodluck and try not to fall off again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wonkster
Wonkster
Hyper Viper
Hyper Viper

New Old Timer Empty Old Timer

Post by Wonkster on Sat 07 Sep 2013, 8:49 am

Thanks for the welcome Teabag, I'll do my very best to keep the rubber down in future!!!
Just finished planning a day trip to France for £15 on Myferry on 1st Oct, its a recce for next years trip to the 24 hour races at Le Mans and the Nurnbergring both in June.  Its been years (28 on my MZ 250 )since I took a bike on a ferry so would like to do it without being loaded up first. Will keep you posted.
teamster1975
teamster1975
Admin
Admin

Post by teamster1975 on Sat 07 Sep 2013, 10:00 am

Welcome Wonkster! Very Happy
The CB is very forgiving, do make sure your tyre pressures are correct as each tyre brand has a different pressure to the recommended ones on the swing arm sticker!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 17 Aug 2019, 11:30 pm