You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

LED Indicators with inline resistors.

CBSR2013

LED Indicators with inline resistors.

Post by CBSR2013 on Fri 30 Aug 2013, 9:38 pm

Hi everybody,

I aplogise for another posting about LED indicators but I am struggling to get mine to work properly despite trawling this and other forums. I recently bought these;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-FOUR-LED-INDICATORS-RESISTORS-FRONT-BACK-MOTORCYCLE-MOTORBIKE-8MM-ARROW-NEW-/400522444626

Upon initial fitment the connectors became detached very easily when removing them from the bikes wiring loom Mad . As a result, I trimmed, soldered and heat shrunk the connectors firmly in place. However this proved to be just one problem solved as when all indicators are connected, they still flash very fast. It does say in the sellers description that some bikes may require more load resistors per indicator so I do wonder if this could be the problem. I am running a stock relay and wiring system. Does anybody have prior experience or help with such a system? I will upload pictures if it will help anybody!

Many thanks in advance
Zxanthion
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

Re: LED Indicators with inline resistors.

Post by Zxanthion on Mon 30 Sep 2013, 2:13 pm

I fitted a set of talon LED indicators with a couple of pairs of these...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270851279762?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Had a bit of a nightmare at first as the 'inline' part threw me off and after a bit more research, they're to be wired in parallel across the indicator as opposed to in serial. Also, I'm led to believe resistors are polarity concious so have wired them in the direction the writing goes across them. Either way, all is working fine now.

Edit: Added different ones as they're a lot easier to fit. One of the connections snapped off so just changed them all so they were all the same.

Last edited by Zxanthion on Tue 05 Aug 2014, 4:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Tue 01 Oct 2013, 1:20 pm

Those resistors are the right kind of thing.

I'm pretty sure that resistors do not have a polarity - it shouldn't matter which way round you wire them up.
teamster1975
Admin
Admin

Post by teamster1975 on Tue 01 Oct 2013, 1:25 pm

Resistors can be fitted either way round, it's diodes or electrolytic capacitors that have polarity Smile
Zxanthion
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

Post by Zxanthion on Tue 01 Oct 2013, 2:38 pm

Laughing Oh well. While I was wiring it all up a mate came round and mentioned the polarity thing. After making an arse of it with the parallel/serial thing I thought it better to follow his (sometimes questionable) advice. It worked, so just in case thought I'd add it here too.
teamster1975
Admin
Admin

Post by teamster1975 on Wed 02 Oct 2013, 1:43 pm

I'm dredging up my old electronics days Laughing 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 Aug 2018, 11:54 pm