Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Mirror wobble woes...

jsnape
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Solved Mirror wobble woes...

Post by jsnape on Tue 06 Aug 2013, 12:16 pm

Hi all,

So my CB500 works shockingly well on the motorway apart from the mirrors, they jiggle around all over the shop + they are rusted and so need replacing anyway. There are quite a few options on ebay but I was hoping prior to purchase to get some sagely advice first as I'd prefer not to replace one wobbly pair with another!

If anyone can recommend or at least advise on what I should be looking for to avoid wobble I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Jon

[edit] My apologies found a very detailed thread on here already http://www.cb500club.net/t103-mirrors
malcone

Solved Re: Mirror wobble woes...

Post by malcone on Sun 15 Sep 2013, 2:02 pm

i fitted a set of vt500 rectangular black mirrors off thet e bay only 20 quid look brill no vibration
Beresford
the 900
the 900

Post by Beresford on Sun 15 Sep 2013, 7:53 pm

I have used a few drops of threadlock on the mirror joint. It stops the mirror moving but doesn't prevent adjustment if necessary.
teabag
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post by teabag on Tue 24 Sep 2013, 9:41 pm

I fitted a pair off a Gilera DNA (I think),the scooter type thingy,anyway they are the same 10mm thread with longer stalks for a better view,they suffered a little distortion at around 70-80 so i got a old cycle innertube i had laying around and cut a couple of strips placing them under the 10 mm thread and on the thread where the actual mirror screws on to the stalk ,the rubber has completely isolated the vibrations and all is now perfectly clear .
I trimmed the rubber as best i could once fitted ,you can still see it a bit but i don't care,i go for practicality than looks.
Basil Moss
the 900
the 900

Post by Basil Moss on Wed 25 Sep 2013, 7:54 am

That's an excellent tip! Thankyou!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 21 Nov 2017, 10:46 pm