Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Puig Screens

gunnarain
Squiddy
Squiddy

Puig Screens

Post by gunnarain on Thu 13 Jun 2013, 4:18 pm

So then... I'm looking for a screen - I think.

I know it'll spoil the bike a bit from its current good looks and charm, but I could do with some sort of wind deflection for my longer trips I'm planning on embarking on...

I was looking at the Puig screen below, but I get the feeling the light smoke might look a bit rubbish?
 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Windscreen-Puig-NK-acc-f-Honda-CB-500-1000-1300-fly-screen-smoke-/390610170909?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item5af22e341d

I ideally would like a clear one of those, but I'm open to other suggestions. I'm struggling to find a 'nice shaped' clear one.

Cheers!
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Re: Puig Screens

Post by eternally_troubled on Thu 13 Jun 2013, 5:39 pm

I think that is the same as my screen, I got mine from here:

http://www.getgeared.co.uk/PUIG_Universal_Mini_Sports_Touring_Motorcycle_Screen

Unfortunatly they seem to have run out of clear ones.

These people:

http://www.dartflyscreens.com/

used to do one for CB500.  They are a little more expensive but probably look better.  I suspect if you emailed them they might well be able to 'knock out' a CB500 one - it would be worth asking, anyway.
gunnarain
Squiddy
Squiddy

Post by gunnarain on Thu 13 Jun 2013, 7:53 pm

Yeah, thats the Puig style I'm ideally after. It seems there aren't any clear ones anywhere.

I'll try the other guys, see what they say. Cheers!

Next on the list... Find some replacement plastics...
franito
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

Post by franito on Fri 09 May 2014, 7:51 pm

Seriously thinking of buying a screen even though the idea goes against my dream of riding my naked bike around Andalucia. 

However, on my average Sunday ride-out I average between 125 and 200 miles and quite alot of that is on dual-carriage ways with often strong head winds; very tiring on my mid-life body. :-)

I've noticed that the 'Puig Screens' are available in Spain and was wondering if anyone has any recommendation which screen from their range would be effective and look good on a CB500?

I quite like the 'Windy', but it's probably more looks than protection.

Thanks.
ashcroc
the 900
the 900

Awesome!

Post by ashcroc on Fri 09 May 2014, 11:26 pm

My new bike came with a MRA Vario Screen & while it's quite fugly I'd recommend it to anyone who spends time on mororways/dual carriageways.  It's so much better than the screen I used on my old bike (see avatar) it's difficult to compare the two.
glen.wilson1@gmx.com
the 900
the 900

Awesome!

Post by glen.wilson1@gmx.com on Sat 10 May 2014, 9:36 am

i had the darker version of the one off ebay, looked good and worked well, i sold it later on because im always faffing about and changed the lights to twins Smile
franito
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

Post by franito on Thu 15 May 2014, 8:51 pm

Thanks for the feedback.

The MRA Vario Screen looks effective, but it's not the look that I really want, but then substances over form.  ;-)
ashcroc
the 900
the 900

Awesome!

Post by ashcroc on Thu 15 May 2014, 11:49 pm

Can't say I'd have bought it myself if it hadn't come with the bike but it does work & will probably stay at least until I've had my powerbronze viper bikini fairing resprayed black.  

Having said that, I'm not too keen on the look of most screens that just sit over the light so if I were buying new I'd probably plump for something like the skidmarx gs.
mac1

Screen

Post by mac1 on Tue 10 Jun 2014, 1:58 pm

Hi all am new to this site and just thought I'd pass along my comments on screens for the cb, I have a givi fly screen that a mate let me borrow similar to most of the ones shown on here and about 350 mm high , while its ok and deflects away some of the wind it causes wind noise in my helmet which is quite loud at times depending on speed so most of the time I ride without it at the moment I'm looking at a MRA Vario touring screen on e-bay which I think will work better as its higher that the givi, its about 450mm high and has a small deflector at the top that can be adjusted , it looks ok but to be honest I'm more interested in comfort than looks, I plan on doing a bit more research before I buy so will keep you posted on any developments, also any suggestions on refurbishing or replacing shocks for the rear as the ones that are there are rusted they work fine they just look poxy,,, cheers Mac1 scratch
lucky13
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

Post by lucky13 on Thu 19 Jun 2014, 6:57 pm

I have the MRA Vario Touring screen, though not sure it's quite 450mm high.  It's a lowish screen, but keeps air off my chest - I bought it to keep the cold winter air off on motorways.  The deflector makes quite a difference at higher speeds and can be adjusted so the turbulance is below the helmet.

No experience with the shocks though.
Gonzumzum
the 900
the 900

Post by Gonzumzum on Tue 24 Jun 2014, 11:16 am

ashcroc wrote:Can't say I'd have bought it myself if it hadn't come with the bike but it does work & will probably stay at least until I've had my powerbronze viper bikini fairing resprayed black.  

Having said that, I'm not too keen on the look of most screens that just sit over the light so if I were buying new I'd probably plump for something like the skidmarx gs.

Have you installed your Viper fairing already? How dit it turned out? Pics?
ashcroc
the 900
the 900

Awesome!

Post by ashcroc on Wed 25 Jun 2014, 10:27 am

Not got around to it yet.

It's on my 'to do' list but tidying up bits already on the bike (radiator, downpipes etc) are taking presidence.
stevew
Four's a...something...
Four's a...something...

Post by stevew on Tue 22 Jul 2014, 9:13 pm

Used a Givi A660 on another bike and although it's smaller than a normal screen i thought it looked pretty good.  Did a reasonable job too.  May be an option.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 19 Sep 2017, 7:42 pm