Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Skidmarx GS Style Bikini Fairing

Frasblade
Godly
Godly

Skidmarx GS Style Bikini Fairing

Post by Frasblade on Tue 04 Jun 2013, 10:10 am

I have finally received my Skidmarx GS Style fairing for my CB500 and have fittedon. Fitting was prety straight forward and pretty smooth. The instructions are kinda short but you don't really need a great deal of instructions to fit it. Fits pretty good t being designed for the CB500 as well. Outside finish is beautiful, inside a little rough, but heh people look at outside not inside. Keeps some of the wind off but really does change the whole look of the bike, makes it look so much better. I had considered buying a hole new front end for the bike but glad i opted for this as it meant no electirc woes, e-marked issues, fitting problems etc. I purchased two screens - one smoke and one yellow so I can interchange as I wish when I fancy a different look. The guys at Skidmarx where really good too and a nice bunch, I would whole heartedly recommend this if you want to style up the CB500 at a reason price - £87 including postage.
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Re: Skidmarx GS Style Bikini Fairing

Post by eternally_troubled on Wed 05 Jun 2013, 12:56 pm

That doesn't look too bad, especially for 87 quid!

Some of the screens you can get are around half that amount of money, but don't look as nice.

I am assuming you can get it in different colours...?
Frasblade
Godly
Godly

Post by Frasblade on Wed 05 Jun 2013, 2:23 pm

Yeah, you can get it in a few colours, blue (like mine), red, yellow, green, white and black, so there is some selection.

I am really pleased by the improvement in looks and I have also noticed an increse in speed too due to slightly btter wind flow and being able to get under the screen to a limited degree too. So overall, a big plus cheers

You can also get the screen in different colours, the obvious standard ones being solid black, smoke and clear but you can also get them in other oclours. I also have a yellow screen which cost a few extra quid so I can chang eth elook of the bike in 10 minutes, I got yellow as it goes well with the blue and gold on the rest of the bike.

Definitely worth the money though and so glad I got it
GlenAnderson
Laser Shark
Laser Shark

Post by GlenAnderson on Wed 14 May 2014, 5:39 pm

Thanks for the write-up and pics. I think I'll be getting myself one of those... Unless you've any bad points to make since fitting yours!

Glen.
Frasblade
Godly
Godly

Post by Frasblade on Tue 24 Jun 2014, 2:45 pm

No problems wit hit all, still looking good, keeping some of the elements and wind off and going strong a year on. No complaints wit hit all
skyrider
the 900
the 900

Post by skyrider on Wed 06 Apr 2016, 8:16 pm

another option could be a german made headlamp fairing (they call it lamp trim) called a Gimbel and it is advertised on fleabay under cb500 parts and it is £162.16
Beresford
the 900
the 900

Post by Beresford on Wed 06 Apr 2016, 8:26 pm

I think that the nicest bikini fairing is the one originally fitted to the Moto Guzzi Le Mans Mk1.

There is a german vendor on ebay that sells them and screen for under £100 delivered.
skyrider
the 900
the 900

Post by skyrider on Wed 06 Apr 2016, 8:35 pm

indeed it always looked very sleek Cool

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 24 Oct 2017, 3:15 am