Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Leather Seat Cover

HomeBrew
the 900
the 900

Leather Seat Cover

Post by HomeBrew on Thu 11 Apr 2013, 10:01 pm

Just fitted this Leather seat cover from ebay as mine was ripped and look tired and cruddy.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350662933811?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

The old girl now looks 10 times better to my eyes, the seat has some nice lines to it that look class. It took about two hours to attach over the top of of the old cover with a staple gun, 8mm staples ans a pin hammer.

Oh and they do other colors for the pillion seat like blue yellow red etc.

Last edited by HomeBrew on Thu 11 Apr 2013, 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add info)
teamster1975
Admin
Admin

Re: Leather Seat Cover

Post by teamster1975 on Sat 13 Apr 2013, 11:17 am

Very nice, thanks for posting the link! The seat on mine is all cracked up, that looks just the job. I wonder how well it will weather though?
HomeBrew
the 900
the 900

Post by HomeBrew on Sat 13 Apr 2013, 2:23 pm

Yes that is the big question. I have covered mine in two coats of "Lord Sheraton's Leather Balsam" and the water is beading off it nicely atm. Only problem it needs to be applied in warm conditions (inside or hot day) else the beeswax shows up white. I might try some Ledergrease black boot wax. The seat looks good, a bit cafe racer I reckon.
Frasblade
Godly
Godly

Post by Frasblade on Fri 17 May 2013, 2:15 pm

I bought one of these when I was buying stuff to do up my CB500 commuter, I found the company to be very helpful and the product easy to fit and put on, makes it loads better too. As the bike I bought was blue I opted for the seat with the blue on:) Thinking about getting stuff for my fireblade from same comapny now to bling it up a bit more
HomeBrew
the 900
the 900

Post by HomeBrew on Fri 17 May 2013, 4:19 pm

Yeah my seat looks great too. The bike lives outside on the street and has to take all the weather can throw at it. No cover. Its holding up great. Very pleased with this, I just adjusted it to remove a small wrinkle, very easy.
HomeBrew
the 900
the 900

Post by HomeBrew on Fri 17 May 2013, 4:21 pm

Hey Frasblade what crash bars are those and how are you finding them?
Frasblade
Godly
Godly

Post by Frasblade on Mon 20 May 2013, 11:32 am

Hi Homebrew, these crashbars were on the bike at the time of purchase, I can try and find out for you although I am looking at getting a bellypan for the CB500 instead as I perfer the look of them and reduced weight. The Bars themselves though are very good, seem very sturdy and form what I could see when I was removing the rust and crud of them when I was doing up the bike had taken a couple of drops and saved a great deal of damage, so I would give them the thumbs up of recommendation.
WeeTony
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post by WeeTony on Mon 20 May 2013, 11:56 am

they're renntec bars.
Frasblade
Godly
Godly

Post by Frasblade on Fri 24 May 2013, 1:09 pm

Hi there,

asked about the crash bars:

http://www.moorespeedracing.co.uk/honda-engine-crash-bars/honda-cb500-renntec-engine-crash-bars.html

Hope that helps, you can probably find them cheper by doing a search, but at least you know what they are now:D
WeeTony
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post by WeeTony on Fri 24 May 2013, 11:28 pm

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-CB-500-ENGINE-BARS-/171041226235?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item27d2d9fdfb

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 21 Aug 2017, 8:46 pm