Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Aldi biking gear! Jeans are great for spring summer!

Nitesight
Squiddy
Squiddy

Aldi biking gear! Jeans are great for spring summer!

Post by Nitesight on Sun 10 Mar 2013, 10:36 am

I've just got the 29.99 aramide jeans from Aldi. Fit well, seem well made, comfy CE armour in the knee and pockets for hip armour if you have it. I don't have Hoods or anything but these are way better than my other non branded ones I paid £80 for!

They are fairly lightweight where there is no Aramide but no more than a normal jean.

At this point I can't fault them, a bloody bargain I say!

I tried the gloves but didnt like em, felt plasticky in the palm, the only other thing I got was The Buff knockoffs, they are excellent, I've had them before and £3 is a fair comparative price (a tube of fabric shouldn't cost anywhere near that but cest la vie) and they wash and wear very well.

Oh for those that don't know Kevlar is a brand name for Aramide fibre material. So although not "Kevlar jeans" it's the same material more or less. Lets hope I never give them a proper test eh?
davetheworv
the 900
the 900

Awesome!

Re: Aldi biking gear! Jeans are great for spring summer!

Post by davetheworv on Sun 10 Mar 2013, 12:18 pm

i got there early to buy a pair this morning as I am a size 38 and knew there wouldnt be many in stock. the denim material isnt as thick as my esisting pair but I get over heated in those so expect the aldi ones to be ok. a good buy for 30 quid and they have knee armour included
Nitesight
Squiddy
Squiddy

Post by Nitesight on Sun 10 Mar 2013, 12:33 pm

Definitely Summer weight. I'll likely wear these most of the year on the commute which is about 20 mins. Amazing the difference a set of long johns can make. Plus the Aramide and armour helps keep the knees warmer in the wind.

There was a que at mine! I was surprised at how many pairs they had but I doubt it'll be long before the EBay crowd buy up what's left. If it wasn't such a scummy thing to do (to others locally that could really use a bargain like this) then they are so good for the price I'm sure there would be a profit to be made in a few months selling them on?
chromedome
the 900
the 900

Post by chromedome on Sun 10 Mar 2013, 2:37 pm

Got a pair of the touring boots today, and they seem very well made and solid bits of kit. Time and wear will tell how durable they are, but for £29.99 you really can't complain.

The armoured textile jacket and trousers I got from ALDI over 5 years ago are still going strong, so see no reason why the boots should fall short.
davetheworv
the 900
the 900

Awesome!

Post by davetheworv on Sun 10 Mar 2013, 2:43 pm

I have a mate who rides for a living as a despatcher and he has always sworn by lidl biker gear as well as aldi's.Because of the mileage and wear and tear he puts on his gear even the very expensive hein gerricke falls short. I thought the boots looked great but have recently bought a pair so not in the market now.
Beresford
the 900
the 900

Post by Beresford on Sun 10 Mar 2013, 7:19 pm

I envy you guys because NOTHING available on the high street fits me. According to the size charts on some vendors postings on ebay I'm 10XL clobber and size 13 boots. Also very limited selection of helmets. BooHoo
GlenAnderson
Laser Shark
Laser Shark

Post by GlenAnderson on Wed 23 Mar 2016, 2:01 pm

Aldi's biking gear is in again this week. The jeans are now £35, but are still very good value.

muttley1
the 900
the 900

Lidl too

Post by muttley1 on Thu 24 Mar 2016, 12:46 pm

Was in Lidl a couple of days ago, they had gloves and flip up helmets, lids were £40 but only xl. I've a Lidl open face (with visor) lid and it was great for round town last year. Still go Arai for most rides.

Btw, I've spent some time in Berlin, Lidl and Aldi are more upmarket supermarkets over there, not so big on the mancave products either.

muttley1

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 23 Aug 2017, 10:24 pm