Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, ride safe! The CB500Club team

Fork, specifically the right one!

Nitesight
Squiddy
Squiddy

Fork, specifically the right one!

Post by Nitesight on Thu 07 Mar 2013, 4:57 pm

My fork seal was apparently glued by the previous owner (cheers) and my attempts to get it out have probably trashed the fork. No breakers have them at the mo so I'm on the lookout.

Any forks for a 99 cb that is much loved but currently useless and sorn because of a sodding fork seal!!!!

Cheers guys and gals.
burning_rubber
Two Tone
Two Tone

Re: Fork, specifically the right one!

Post by burning_rubber on Thu 07 Mar 2013, 5:25 pm

i have a right and left fork bottom i need read off will post photos tonight
Nitesight
Squiddy
Squiddy

Post by Nitesight on Thu 07 Mar 2013, 5:39 pm

That could work! I know I can get a tube aftermarket if need be. I'm in Norfolk. What would you be looking for posted if your not nearby?
burning_rubber
Two Tone
Two Tone

Post by burning_rubber on Sat 09 Mar 2013, 2:50 am

badseeds

Awesome!

Post by badseeds on Sat 09 Mar 2013, 3:59 pm

If you come to Draganfly Motorcycles in Bungay, Suffolk, I have a pair of forks off a 1996 CB500-T, complete with leaking seal (can't remember which side) and some pitting. Yours for nowt. Just ask for Lee.

We're open Monday to Friday, 9.30am - 5pm, or I can leave 'em outside - they'll be fine.
Nitesight
Squiddy
Squiddy

Post by Nitesight on Sat 09 Mar 2013, 4:43 pm

Holy crap badseeds, that would be great! Thank you! You're about 40mins away. We've just had a baby so I'm flat out at the mo but if you can keep hold of them I might be able to get over next week?

Burning rubber, thanks for the offer and effort in taking the photos but I think this will sort me out. Yours look sweet though, I'm sure someone will have em.
badseeds

Awesome!

Post by badseeds on Sat 09 Mar 2013, 7:44 pm

@Nitesight wrote:...... if you can keep hold of them I might be able to get over next week?

No problem, they've been sitting around for the best part of a year (in the workshop). I was gonna use the bottoms myself, but that's unlikely to happen - you're welcome to 'em.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 16 Dec 2017, 3:01 pm