Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

mirrors to "short"

rongsted
Squiddy
Squiddy

mirrors to "short"

Post by rongsted on Sun 03 Mar 2013, 9:14 pm

Hi guys
Realy looking forward to get the bike on the road again!!!
I've got a problem. My bike is fittet with a fairing. When I look in the mirrors I can se half of my shoulder and it sucks.
Does anyone know how to extend the mirrors
Best regards from Copenhagen
Morten :-)
ashcroc
the 900
the 900

Awesome!

Re: mirrors to "short"

Post by ashcroc on Sun 03 Mar 2013, 9:23 pm

A couple of options spring to mind. Either Mirror arm extenders or different shaped mirrors. (listings for ilustratative purposes only)

So long as it's a honda thread it'll fit.

I used to have old VFR mirrors on mine (as in my profile pic) but no fairing so clearance might be an issue.
rongsted
Squiddy
Squiddy

Post by rongsted on Sun 03 Mar 2013, 10:05 pm

hmm
Clearance ... How wide can my bike be? If U see my profile there's a link pictures :-)
rongsted
Squiddy
Squiddy

Post by rongsted on Sun 03 Mar 2013, 10:09 pm

ashcroc
the 900
the 900

Awesome!

Post by ashcroc on Sun 03 Mar 2013, 11:12 pm

Oh it's an aftermarket fairing with attached mirrors. Sorry, thought you had a 500s which still uses the mirrors on the bars.

You might be able to find some other mirrors with longer stems that'd fit but you'd have to measure the mounts.

I had the same problem with my gpz600 & just lived with it after fitting those circular blind spot mirrors to the useless bit that just showed my shoulder. It was by no means perfect but at least it did something.

Bar end mirrors could be an option but You'd be left with the mounting points on the fairing to sort out.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 22 Nov 2017, 10:53 am