Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

CB 500, recently wet drained it.

sandy500

CB 500, recently wet drained it.

Post by sandy500 on Wed 06 Feb 2013, 7:23 pm

Hi guys, my names Sandy, recently come off my much loved CB500 1999 on a wet drain cover (DEVILS), and done a few bits of minor damage to my bike, im after the bracket that holds the right mirror on (and possibly the chrome circular mirror too), unfortunately, on my model this is also the brake reservoir i believe, im also after the R/H foot hanger as this snapped my peg off and the R/H radiator cover/tank fairing, orange and black is needed, any help would be appreciated, thanks guys.
badseeds

Awesome!

Re: CB 500, recently wet drained it.

Post by badseeds on Wed 06 Feb 2013, 9:53 pm

Oh bollocks! RHS hangers are like gold dust. You could try asking on the racing forum if you get no luck here. Have you broken the hanger, or just the peg? I binned mine last Monday and was lucky to just break the peg - it's borrowing one off my VFR800 til I can buy a proper one.
sandy500

Post by sandy500 on Wed 06 Feb 2013, 10:01 pm

it was the hanger, the pegs still attached to the bit of the hanger that came off with it... but Ive searched for days now and it does seem like the RHS hangers seem very hard to come by Sad just my luck to break that bugger like. Ive found SIMILAR, but I'm sure you know, its just not the same unless its right, i keep trying to find guys that are breaking them, but even then, their hard to come by.
badseeds

Awesome!

Post by badseeds on Wed 06 Feb 2013, 10:20 pm

sandy500 wrote:it was the hanger, the pegs still attached to the bit of the hanger that came off with it... but Ive searched for days now and it does seem like the RHS hangers seem very hard to come by Sad just my luck to break that bugger like. Ive found SIMILAR, but I'm sure you know, its just not the same unless its right, i keep trying to find guys that are breaking them, but even then, their hard to come by.

There is a difference between RHS hangers fitted to rear drum/disc machines. This thread shows how to modify them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 19 Oct 2017, 3:24 pm