Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

crash bobbins

geewhizz
the 900
the 900

crash bobbins

Post by geewhizz on Mon 28 Jan 2013, 11:52 pm

I've seen a cb with crash bobbins/sliders attached on the rear fairing where the top of the suspension is pinned? seems like a good place to put them as i rarely carry a pillion...has anyone done this or know where i could order it from? also was thinking about possibly getting some for the engine and forks? again , anyone know where to buy them? They seem to vary a lot in price on ebay but i cant see any specifically for the cb...was wandering if they are faily universal?

geewhizz
the 900
the 900

Re: crash bobbins

Post by geewhizz on Thu 28 Feb 2013, 11:20 pm

im still keen to get some cheapish ones if anyone knows what/where to buy it would be much appreciated Smile
ashcroc
the 900
the 900

Awesome!

Post by ashcroc on Thu 28 Feb 2013, 11:54 pm

Several places about who stock these.

Try here

Wink
geewhizz
the 900
the 900

Post by geewhizz on Tue 05 Mar 2013, 8:55 pm

thanks, i know i've been too lazy to solve this myself. A brief search before threw up r and g bobbins which i feel are over-priced in general, i am looking for an alternative which costs less and would fit my cb5. Been working too much to do the simple task of measuring the bolt thread size and potential size of the bobbin/ bolt length required. I endeavour to do it soon and post my conclusions.
badseeds

Awesome!

Post by badseeds on Tue 05 Mar 2013, 10:05 pm

geewhizz wrote:thanks, i know i've been too lazy to solve this myself. A brief search before threw up r and g bobbins which i feel are over-priced in general, i am looking for an alternative which costs less and would fit my cb5. Been working too much to do the simple task of measuring the bolt thread size and potential size of the bobbin/ bolt length required. I endeavour to do it soon and post my conclusions.

I'm interested in this too - hurry up!
ashcroc
the 900
the 900

Awesome!

Post by ashcroc on Tue 05 Mar 2013, 10:24 pm

nestled amongst all the links to RG ones are these £40 ones
badseeds

Awesome!

Post by badseeds on Tue 05 Mar 2013, 10:37 pm

ashcroc wrote:nestled amongst all the links to RG ones are these £40 ones

Spooky! I was literally just on that page!
geewhizz
the 900
the 900

Post by geewhizz on Wed 06 Mar 2013, 11:42 pm

Yeah I had a look at them too but i want to explore some of the cheaper bobbins i've found on ebay (non of which are specified for a cb5)

eg something on these sort of lines would be interesting for exchanging with the upper suspension bolt ...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Frame-Slider-Crash-Protectors-Honda-Fireblade-CBR929-CBR954-Crash-Bobbins-Black-/130798075666?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item1e742c3f12

as said before need a spare minute to work out bolts/lengths/threads ....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 21 Sep 2017, 4:50 pm