Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Front caliper for a 94 ?

paviland
Squiddy
Squiddy

Front caliper for a 94 ?

Post by paviland on Tue 15 Jan 2013, 7:03 pm

Anything that'll fit in order that the pheonix may rise from the ashes.
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Re: Front caliper for a 94 ?

Post by eternally_troubled on Tue 15 Jan 2013, 10:17 pm

I suspect that as you've gove a '94 you'll need a Nissin caliper as per this link:

http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_motorcycle_parts_selection_pfk.php?block_01=13MY5R41&block_02=F__0900&block_03=1542

I can't remember if you can get a Brembo caliper to fit (as fitted from '97 onwards) - it depends upon the caliper bolt spacing (ie. the spacing of the holes in the forks) - having just had a look at ebay, it seems that Brembos are easier to find so you might want to look into this.
Hario
Two Tone
Two Tone

Post by Hario on Wed 16 Jan 2013, 12:41 am

You can fit a Brembo caliper to your forks, but ideally would also want the brembo master cylinder too, as they displace different amounts of fluid. Not that its a big issue, but nissin and brembo use different threads on their banjo bolts too iirc

From memory i think there is a nissin and brembo combination that people say works, but it may be the nissin caliper and brembo master, still worth looking into maybe.
ashcroc
the 900
the 900

Awesome!

Post by ashcroc on Wed 16 Jan 2013, 3:08 am

According to Kwackboy on this old thread a brembo colliper will work fine with a nissin master cylinder.

I ended up getting a CB400 (NC27) RH front calliper myself & the only difference was the colour.
ANDYC
the 900
the 900

Mechanic

Post by ANDYC on Wed 16 Jan 2013, 10:22 am

I have one available, what area are you in?
paviland
Squiddy
Squiddy

Post by paviland on Wed 16 Jan 2013, 7:55 pm

Thanks guys - ashcroc, thats what I'd thought I'd have to do i.e get one from another model. Good info on here re the Nissin/ Brembo combos. Andy - I'm in Swansea, do you have a Nissin unit ?
ANDYC
the 900
the 900

Mechanic

Post by ANDYC on Wed 16 Jan 2013, 8:40 pm

Yes I do, I have used all possible combinations over the years and found they all work ok together.
I prefer the nissan caliper, can't really remember why though. I have a feeling that the pads are easier to change and the pistons are less likely to seize. Not something that most people need to worry about but doing 50k miles a year as a courier these are issues that can prove to be a pain.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 23 Aug 2017, 4:33 pm