Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

CB500 headlamp

badseeds

Awesome!

CB500 headlamp

Post by badseeds on Thu 29 Nov 2012, 1:00 am

My '96 T's headlamp is rotten. The poor bike has spent it's whole life outside and tin-worm has eaten through two of the light rim brackets. The chrome inside (yeah, I know it's Mickey Mouse anyway) has all fallen off too.

I've seen nice looking aftermarket ones on the 'Bay, but I fear their lighting ability will be shite.

Does anyone have a good, used Honda one for sale? I don't want dents, scratches or cracks. Or can someone recommend a good aftermarket alternative that works well?

Ta.
chromedome
the 900
the 900

Re: CB500 headlamp

Post by chromedome on Thu 29 Nov 2012, 11:25 am

I'm afraid I can't help you with a headlamp Badseeds, but if I can steer you away from the Dominator twin headlights. Yes, they look good, but give as much light as a glow worm's bum. A friend has these fitted to his Suzuki Bandit and having ridden his bike at night, braille would have been better.

The standard lights on my old suzukii GSX600FW were excellent in contrast, but were fairing mounted.

That's got me thinking now.... graft the nose cone from a teapot on to my naked CB. mmmmmm..... Laughing
Murray
Godly
Godly

Post by Murray on Thu 29 Nov 2012, 4:07 pm

Try posting a message on the cb500 racing website.
Those guy remove the lights,I've had some decent standard used parts from there.

http://z3.invisionfree.com/cb500_racing/index.php
badseeds

Awesome!

Post by badseeds on Thu 29 Nov 2012, 6:15 pm

chromedome wrote:I'm afraid I can't help you with a headlamp Badseeds, but if I can steer you away from the Dominator twin headlights. Yes, they look good, but give as much light as a glow worm's bum. A friend has these fitted to his Suzuki Bandit and having ridden his bike at night, braille would have been better.

The standard lights on my old suzukii GSX600FW were excellent in contrast, but were fairing mounted.

That's got me thinking now.... graft the nose cone from a teapot on to my naked CB. mmmmmm..... Laughing

Hell no! Those universal twin light units look shite! I had a GSF600SX, it too had a pretty good light. Mind you, I put an Osram Nightbreaker bulb into the CB and I can quite happily cruise at high-speed at night on unlit roads.

Dunno 'bout the Teapot Tupperware though! The 'Pot had looks that only a mother could love - would you want to inflict that gene-pool on to your lovely Honda? Ha ha!
badseeds

Awesome!

Post by badseeds on Thu 29 Nov 2012, 6:17 pm

Murray wrote:Try posting a message on the cb500 racing website.
Those guy remove the lights,I've had some decent standard used parts from there.

http://z3.invisionfree.com/cb500_racing/index.php

D'oh! Bleedin' obvious, innit! Thank you, that is a great idea.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 22 Oct 2017, 6:11 pm