Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

CAR BOOT BARGAIN

cb1300rider
Four's a...something...
Four's a...something...

CAR BOOT BARGAIN

Post by cb1300rider on Sun 28 Oct 2012, 1:23 pm

Hi all

Just picked up a cracking bargain from a car boot.

£5 for

now i already have a givi rack, arms and box fitted but holding this one upto the bike the box would sit further forward than it does on the givi set up.

My question is though, how would i attach a givi box to the honda rack? what top plate would i need?

Thanks

Simon
Hario
Two Tone
Two Tone

Re: CAR BOOT BARGAIN

Post by Hario on Mon 29 Oct 2012, 8:36 am

That is a bargain, nice one

I have the same rack with its original honda box, im 99% sure the box is just a rebranded givi one so it should all fit together with what you already have?

can you just bolt your old givi plate to the new honda rack?

if not then you would just need to buy the matching givi plate for your box and bolt it onto the new rack, i think there are a few different types used by givi depending on age, but on ebay all that stuff is pretty cheap so have a look.
cb1300rider
Four's a...something...
Four's a...something...

Post by cb1300rider on Mon 29 Oct 2012, 8:47 pm

Hey thanks for your reply

the above picture contains 2 plates that i have already.

Neither of these 2 plates would bolt straight onto the honda rack (not without butchering it anyway) - so i am a little stumped as to what will fit.

Looking in my loft earlier, i d have a honda box i used to fit to my cbf500 years ago. Another question for you, what plate would i need to fit that to the rack?

Your advice will be appreciated

Cheers
Hario
Two Tone
Two Tone

Post by Hario on Mon 29 Oct 2012, 10:42 pm

These are the sort of thing you are looking for:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GIVI-E250-UNIVERSAL-MONOKEY-PLATE-FITTING-KIT-FOR-GIVI-MONOKEY-TOPBOX-TOP-CASE-/221132699359?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item337c8936df

and:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GIVI-MONOLOCK-TOP-BOX-MOUNTING-PLATE-FITTING-KITS-/220995415513?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item33745a6dd9

the second link is the type im using with the honda box but they will both mount in the same way. You pass the bolts through the metal squares and drop them into the honeycomb you see in link 2, then metal strips hook under the rack and bolt the plate down.

As these are very common and universal rather than bike specific, they tend to be alot of them used on ebay, so if you keep your eyes open for your prefered type im sure you will find one very cheap.

when i get a chance i will take a picture of the rack and plate on my bike so you can see how they fit, personally i really like the low and close position of the honda rack over the givi ones
cb1300rider
Four's a...something...
Four's a...something...

Post by cb1300rider on Tue 30 Oct 2012, 1:02 pm

Thanks for your reply

I picture would be good if / when you get time.

Still cant quite see how the universal plates attach.

Thanks again
cb1300rider
Four's a...something...
Four's a...something...

Post by cb1300rider on Tue 30 Oct 2012, 1:20 pm

Hi Just been looking at the fitting instructions on the givi site of the universal plate.

To help my understanding of it, if you get round to taking a picture could you show me how the universal plate fits to the honda rack please.

Thanks in advance
Hario
Two Tone
Two Tone

Post by Hario on Thu 15 Nov 2012, 5:35 pm

Sorry this took me so long!

I hope these help you out Wink
cb1300rider
Four's a...something...
Four's a...something...

Post by cb1300rider on Thu 15 Nov 2012, 6:22 pm

Spot on

Thanks very much

I was struggling becasue i had removed part 3 in my original post at op diagram thinking the givi plate used the same holes.

Thanks again, will have a go tomorrow and let you know how i get on.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 21 Sep 2017, 4:58 pm