Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

[solved]Rear suspension

trevor machine
the 900
the 900

Solved Re: [solved]Rear suspension

Post by trevor machine on Wed 12 Apr 2017, 1:15 pm

How kind are the TECs to a rider's arse-cheeks?
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Wed 12 Apr 2017, 1:21 pm

I find them fine and i am about 15 stone... have not had problem with them...
Jameshambleton

Post by Jameshambleton on Wed 12 Apr 2017, 2:08 pm

Coming off the settee soft cb400 I notice the difference, they're ultra soft even on full preload. When I get on the cb500 I notice every bump in the road but I then get use to it after about 5miles. They're about as firm as the front shocks, as stock. 

I like them a lot they're not ultra hard but they're not exactly soft, I'd say they're  more on the harder side of firm but I love them.
pendleton_j
Crotch Rocketuer
Crotch Rocketuer

Post by pendleton_j on Wed 12 Apr 2017, 6:30 pm

If the TECs are so cheap and reliable enough, I might have to move them up my to-do list soon. 

Currently got some minor corrosion on the springs of what I assume are the factory ones, and was expecting to pay out at least £100 to do it, so have been putting it off. £50 is much more friendly to my budget, so hopefully they'll be an improvement on my current ones.

Never changed shocks before, is it possible to do on the centre stand? 
I've only ever seen people do it by jacking up the rear a bit, which might be a bit hard without a jack!!
Jameshambleton

Post by Jameshambleton on Wed 12 Apr 2017, 7:46 pm

@pendleton_j wrote:If the TECs are so cheap and reliable enough, I might have to move them up my to-do list soon. 

Currently got some minor corrosion on the springs of what I assume are the factory ones, and was expecting to pay out at least £100 to do it, so have been putting it off. £50 is much more friendly to my budget, so hopefully they'll be an improvement on my current ones.

Never changed shocks before, is it possible to do on the centre stand? 
I've only ever seen people do it by jacking up the rear a bit, which might be a bit hard without a jack!!

put the bike on the mainstand and on a bit of wood. Remove the side panels and then the rear cowl, (removing the end can will also help a lot).

Remove both the shocks (tec are 10mm longer than stock iirc) and then just slide them into place, bolt them in and reassemble.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 22 Aug 2017, 9:20 pm