You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

Dynojet Kit

The_Iron_Beagle

Dynojet Kit

Post by The_Iron_Beagle on Fri 20 Jul 2012, 8:53 am

Good morning,

First post here, great site, I've picked up a lot of info/advise so far. I've been looking into getting a Stage 1 Dynojet kit for my 1998 CB500
and just wondering whether it's worth shelling out the money? I know a few people have spoken about it on the forum before but there
didn't seem to be any concrete answers as to whether the results were worth the money or not.

Has anyone the dynojets with the stock air filter and exhaust to see any direct improvements? My plan was to get the Dynojet kit, then the
K & N filter followed by a Fuel Exhaust when the money allows.

Incidentally, regarding the fuel exhaust, any advise on length: mini, midi or max? Any performance or sound difference?

Quite a few questions there, I hope someone can help.

Cheers

muttley1
the 900
the 900

Re: Dynojet Kit

Post by muttley1 on Fri 20 Jul 2012, 12:32 pm

Hi,

I had the same make-it-sound-better-and-go-abit-faster dilemma when I got mine.

I went for a micron race exhaust (stainless downpipes!), titanium can (a re-made micron), bigger jets (124's iirc, 125's made it run too rich). I kept the gearing standard and put renthals on too

Result is a much louder bike, more go lower down the rev range and mpg at 55+ on normal use, 52 on thrashing it and 60+ on mways at 70-80.

atb

m1

PS why Iron Beagle? (My nickname is beagle y'see).
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Fri 20 Jul 2012, 1:01 pm

As mutley says you don't necessarily *need* the dynojet kit, you can often just get away with a bigger jet, which is a good bit cheaper...

Fuel claim that their exhausts don't need any rejetting - I haven't got one, so I can't comment (other people have though).
alexibrow
Four's a...something...
Four's a...something...

Post by alexibrow on Sat 21 Jul 2012, 9:33 pm

I just fitted a 6Sigma Racing jet kit today, it's a lot cheaper than a Dynojet kit at about £45 delivered from the USA.

I'm running a Pipewerx Hawk SL can with stock headers, and a K&N filter in place of the stock Honda one.

- 42 pilot jets fitted.
- 130 mains fitted.
- 2 additional shims fitted under each needle.

I haven't ridden it yet, but will post back with an update soon. Check out my thread here:

http://www.cb500club.net/t1167-my-cb500-performance-upgrades
The_Iron_Beagle

Post by The_Iron_Beagle on Sun 22 Jul 2012, 11:46 pm

Cheers for the replies, much appreciated. I ordered a midi stainless Fuel can on Saturday so looking forward to fitting that when I get it this week. I think I'm going to hold on for a few weeks with upgrading the jets until I move house as there will be better facilities to take things apart and tinker there.

Cheers for the heads up on the 6Sigma kit, that seems to be a bit more like it price wise from my point of view - especially the fella that got it for £25 - was that a US ebay best offer thing perhaps? Did it take long to ship from the US? Alexi, from looking at your thread it sounds as if it's done the trick though, pending a few final tweaks of course.

Oh and Muttley, the Iron Beagle thing was just the first thing that came into my head, although I too am nick named Beagle, the affectionate result of my friends noticing the beginnings of hair loss (Bald + Eagle = Beagle.).

Thanks again.
wazzbo
Squiddy
Squiddy

Awesome!

Post by wazzbo on Tue 24 Jul 2012, 8:17 pm

I fitted a fuel silencer and new stainless headers and suffered a lot of popping and banging on overrun,and struggled between about 5-8 thou so it made my bike run lean.I fitted the new jet kit last weekend and bunged in a K&N air filter, all problems are solved,the bike is running very well now. Yes it was a make an offer, their price was £31.91 I offered £25 and it was accepted. plus £11.88 postage.best money I have spent for a while.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 16 Oct 2018, 11:17 am