Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, ride safe! The CB500Club team

Delkevic pattern radiator

alexibrow
Four's a...something...
Four's a...something...

Delkevic pattern radiator

Post by alexibrow on Sat 30 Jun 2012, 11:04 am

I replaced my old leaking radiator with a new Delkevic one, from ebay seller twowheelspares at a cost of £119.95 including delivery.

It took a week to arrive, but when it did it was well packaged and looked to be well made.

The fit is perfect; you'll need to re-use your old rubber mounts, screws and top hat bushes, but the placement of all the mounting points (including the ones for the fairing screws and electric fan) are all spot-on.

Finish looks good too, in nice shiny black.

I decided to spend the extra £40 rather than get one of the copies from Hong Kong, and I'm glad I did. I'd hate to think how much hassle I might have had if one sourced from China didn't fit properly!

Top tip: thoroughly soak the old fixings in Plus Gas for a few days prior to removing the old rad; I didn't, and managed to tear the electric fan shroud because one screw wouldn't come free (fan is now mounted using just two of the three original mounting points! Seems OK though).

It's a good idea to run a little water through the rad before fitting, to make sure there's no debris from the manufacturing / packaging process in there; there wasn't any at all in mine.

Overall, for £120 plus a new jubilee clip, very happy with the end result. Engine temperature remains normal, and obviously no more leaks!

Last edited by alexibrow on Sat 30 Jun 2012, 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
teamster1975
Admin
Admin

Re: Delkevic pattern radiator

Post by teamster1975 on Sat 30 Jun 2012, 11:23 am

You need to adjust your price at the top of the post mate, the price is £119.99 for the Delkevic's. I did a double take when I read £199.95!
alexibrow
Four's a...something...
Four's a...something...

Post by alexibrow on Sat 30 Jun 2012, 11:28 pm

@teamster1975 wrote:You need to adjust your price at the top of the post mate, the price is £119.99 for the Delkevic's. I did a double take when I read £199.95!

Lol whoops! Done, cheers Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 16 Dec 2017, 6:53 pm