You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

[solved]BLOCKED OUT

pedro
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Solved BLOCKED OUT

Post by pedro on Sat 21 Jan 2012, 10:03 am

I have just been blocked out of the forum by an outfit called "Recaptcha" for "suspicious activity on this account".Can somebody please tell me that this is a genuine security device and not some sort of scam????
teamster1975
Admin
Admin

Solved Re: [solved]BLOCKED OUT

Post by teamster1975 on Sat 21 Jan 2012, 11:38 am

Hi Pedro

It sounds as though a bot is trying various user accounts to access the site; I would suggest changing your password and if it becomes a real nuisance to you we can change your user account name.
chromedome
the 900
the 900

Post by chromedome on Sat 21 Jan 2012, 12:57 pm

Sounds a bit like that self-appointed bunch of internet vigilantes/hooligans Spamhaus that blighted another forum I regularly visit. They gleefully took it into their (uninvited) hands to block member access.

You had to go to their website to "unblock" your IP/Email address, and it took the web administrator on the site ages to get them to butt out too. Didn't cost anything, but it was infuriating.
pedro
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Post by pedro on Sat 21 Jan 2012, 2:28 pm

Thanks guys . It's the first time it's happened to me and it was a bit of a pain. I'll leave it for now and get back if it continues.
teamster1975
Admin
Admin

Post by teamster1975 on Sat 21 Jan 2012, 6:25 pm

It's happened from time to time on the 406 site I admin; there are automated bots that try to login to random accounts on forums and once they have tried to login 3 times and failed (or whatever the threshold is set to) you have to answer the captcha question again to reauthenticate yourself.
pedro
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Post by pedro on Sun 22 Jan 2012, 5:49 pm

Thanks for the info. I've changed my password hopefully that will sort it for now.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 14 Aug 2018, 7:30 am